Audi TT Coupe – The Mini Bomber with the lot!
Amanda’s Audi TT Coupe
Amanda, a highly enthusiastic recreational road and mountain bike rider not only loves riding but takes great care of her Audi TT Coupe. Up until recently, her car was in immaculate condition, that was until some low life decided to steal her car and in her eyes trash it. When she finally got it back her pride and joy had not only suffered internal and external damage the impact it had on her was very obvious. She was still coming to grips with the damage done although by the photos you would never know as she never stopped taking great care of her car. Amanda not only has a real passion for riding but for keeps her Audi TT Coupe in perfect condition.
Amanda’s challenge to SeaSucker Down Under
Having recently returned from an overseas trip Amanda contacted the team at SeaSucker Down Under wanting to take a different direction with respect to transporting her bikes. Part of having her car stolen was the loss of the existing bike rack setup. Her preference was to move away from a “Bolt On” solution as she had had issues with her car being scratched. Amanda had a clear vision in her head regarding her requirements which included:
- A bike rack that could transport 2 bikes 80% of the time with the option to carry a 3rd bike.
- She didn’t want the boot full of front wheels as a result of using a fork mounted bike rack.
- She must be able to load and unload two bikes on her own within minutes.
- When carrying the third bike she will have the assistance of a good friend.
- This friend is also an accomplished road and track racer (equals very expensive bike).
- Being almost 2 m tall her friend’s bike is purpose built to meet his needs.
- To summarise, that’s 1 road bike, 1 mountain bike and a purpose built road/track bike.
After initially exchanging emails I gave Amanda a call to run through her requirements in detail. To help put her mind at ease I also confirmed our “30 Day Money Back Guarantee” although in Amanda’s case the challenge was simple; if it ticks her boxes then she would be happy.
After weighing up our options I recommended the SeaSucker Mini Bomber upgraded with a third bike upgrade kit along with a pair of SeaSucker Flight Decks. I must acknowledge the great trust Amanda put in us in terms of our recommendations and justifications. I also offered Amanda the option to be included in our on-site installation pilot. What transpired could not be covered in one article and have chosen to write this as a multi part series. Below are a few teaser photos of what I will cover in the next few posts.
Products Used (also available through our online store)
In Part 2 I will cover the initial install of the Mini Bomber with two bikes and also detail every challenge along the way
Like our motto says!
NO DRILLS! NO SCREWS!! NO PROBLEMS!!!